A stressful night leads to sharing more than you probably should on your blog so read away at some of the things you probably didn’t know about me:
1. Harry Potter is my favorite book series. Okay, a lot of you probably already knew that.
2. I don’t want to live in Indiana after I graduate.
3. I want to teach, and I’m getting a junior high/high school English education degree, but I don’t want to teach in the same corporation for 30 years.
4. I want to look into teaching at the collegiate level.
5. If I could meet one person, I would choose J.K. Rowling.
6. The first book I read was Hop on Pop when I was three.
7. My favorite color is aqua.
8. I don’t want an extravagant wedding. I would rather just go to a beach somewhere with my family and my guy’s family. Then, we can come back and have a nifty little reception.
9. I feel most comfortable in a flannel and jeans.
10. I could watch a lot of the same movies again and again and again for the rest of my life, and I would never get tired of them.
11. Ask me to spend an hour quoting Mean Girls, Baby Mama or Bridesmaids with you and we’ll have a ball.
12. I want to adopt a child later down the road.
13. At times, I just want to be a hippie and travel the world while helping people.
14. Other times, I want to be a scholarly author who writes a lot of novels, short stories or poems.
15. My favorite type of food is breakfast food.
16. I’ve never sung in front of anyone, but I sing by myself all the time.
17. When I dance, I probably look like a flower child.
18. If I could marry one singer, I would be a polygamist, and I would choose Ed Sheeran and Adam Levine. Okay, I’m kidding, but it would be a tough decision.
19. My dream job would be to get paid to write for my blog, but that’s pretty unlikely so feel free to send pity cash my way through college.
20. I am the quietest person you’ll ever meet until you get to know me. Then I probably won’t shut up.
21. I’m also THE MOST awkward person you’ll ever meet. I’ve learned to embrace it, though. Just call me Jess. *New Girl reference*
22. I’m allergic to cats.
23. I want a tattoo, but I passed out when I got my shots for school so it’s pretty unlikely.
24. Speaking of passing out, medical situations freak me out so don’t have any near-death experiences around me.
25. BUT I am addicted to Grey’s Anatomy at the moment.
26. If I have spare change, I ALWAYS put it in the Riley Children’s Hospital buckets.
27. Goodwill has ruined me, and I hate paying full price for anything.
28. I can’t cook unless you want me to make some stellar pancakes.
29. With that said, I want to learn how to cook.
30. Dance Moms is my guilty pleasure.
31. I can’t paint my nails without screwing them up so they always look as though a five-year-old painted them . . . IF they are painted.
32. Scary movies give me the biggest thrill.
33. I was afraid of grass until I was three.
34. I want to backpack around the world. Yes, the world. Maybe that’s a stretch, but I think that’d be neat.
35. I don’t want to live in the same place for a long period of time. Basically, I’m probably a nomad.
36. I know I’m not a great writer, but it’s my biggest escape.
37. My favorite soda is Mr. Pibb.
38. I call it soda instead of pop, and I don’t care if it’s a southern term. I lived in Florida for six months and I WILL embrace it.
39. A jellyfish stung me when I was little and it was terrible. I don’t recommend it.
40. I like to give my pets people names. Track record: Charlie, Steve, Max, Clay.
41. I wish I knew how to play guitar or piano.
42. My first concert was Britney Spears.
43. June 21, 2014 was when I accepted Christ.
44. I Pinterest way too much than I think is healthy.
45. I eat every three hours.
46. I laugh at everything.
47. I cannot stand to see someone upset or hurt. It will eat away at me until I can help.
48. I don’t really know anything about sports. Let’s talk movies instead.
49. I feel the most at ease when I am either in a library or outside in the grass near water.
50. When I picture my future self, I am somewhere green, outside, spreading goodwill in some form, twirling in circles, and laughing with people I love.
Lauren is a Ball State University alumna with a Bachelor's degree in English and a concentration in Creative Writing. She enjoys breakfast for dinner with a side of literary enjoyment.